If you are staying in Malaga, this is a great way to visit the Caminito del Rey. You can purchase a ticket combining train, bus and the entrance to the path on any of the ticket vending machines at train stations in Malaga. All the information regarding the steps to follow when buying the tickets can be read on the poster located next to the machines.
Important! You can only buy tickets on the same day you are going. the ticket machine is open from 6am to 09:15 every day except Monday (when the Caminito del Rey is closed)
There are 100 tickets available each day with 30 allocated for guided tours and 70 for self guided tours. Prices are 23 euros sin guía (without a guide) and 31 euros con guía (with a guide)
Its in Spanish but fairly straight forward to follow.
Tickets are now available for the period October 2018 to March 2019 but move fast as you can be sure that they will get booked up pretty quickly. Last year over 300,000 people visited and it is expected that next year will be the same.
If you can’t get the tickets for the dates you want then consider a guided tour or just turning up at the gate but don’t forget that many people get turned away using that option….
I still maintain that to really enjoy the walk and the area then stay in one of the local hotels such as the Magdalena, Garganta or Posada del Conde (Thats what I always do!)…
The official portal for reserving a walk along the Caminito del Rey has opened up the booking system to the end of May 2018… For details on how to make a reservation click here…
If you cant get the date you want try this……No tickets? No Problem!
There will be around 100,000 tickets available and with December and January pretty much full,This next booking period is for February, March, April and May2018.
I hope these instructions help you to reserve a walk on the Caminito del Rey. The official and ONLY booking website has some of the worst translations I have ever seen!!!!The comments and questions at the bottom are also very helpful so please feel free to ask or leave some feedback/experiences
Remember! CLOSED ON MONDAYS…
When does the path open? Every day from Tuesday to Sunday.
When does it close? Every Monday, and January 1st, December 24th, 25th and 31st December
IF THE DATE YOU ARE WANTING IS NOT AVAILABLE, PLEASE CLICK HERE AND READ HOW TO GET A PERMIT WITHOUT USING THE ONLINE FORM…
Entry permits are 10 Euros per person, 18 for the guided tour and 11,55 for the entry and shuttle bus…Payment is made by credit/bank card in full during the booking process.
- Go to www.caminitodelrey.info (This is the English language home page.)
- In the the top left column click on “Book your visit” and you’ll be taken to the booking portal (In Spanish) You can select English language at the top right of the booking portal.
- (If you are rebooking for another date because of closure on your original date of entry click on the link at the top that says “CANJEO POR CIERRE”. (Or Exchange by Closing) Select the new date you want and then add the original reference number from the email you received when you made your initial reservation.)
- The page with the calendar should load straight away so that you can select the date that you would like the permit for. (use the buttons to navigate through the calendar and select the date you want. If they are not available you will see RED writing and “Agotado” means no places available… GREEN writing means there is availability…
- Select the hour you want to walk the Caminito del Rey and click seleccionar – Select
- Enter how many people are going in your group. (YOU MAY HAVE TO SCROLL DOWN FOR THIS)
- You can select the just ticket or ticket plus bus ticket or guided tour.)
- Click on “Comprar – Purchase” and the page refreshes with an area at the bottom for you to fill out your details.
- Make sure that you tick the box to say you accept the rules – (He leído y acepto las condiciones generales de compra y Política de Privacidad.)
- Click on” Finalizar” and enter your card details and click “Pagar”. You will receive an email with confirmation of your entry…PRINT THIS and take it with you along with your passport AND the credit card that you used to make the purchase on the day of your walk.
Note: Try to get all your info right the first time. Sometimes when the page refreshes and you have got something wrong, the information you previously entered is lost and you have to start again.
Some people are having trouble with the system accepting emails. If this happens try a different email address.
If you can’t get a ticket for the day you want then the one alternative is to stay in a local hotel. These are the ones nearest to the Caminito del Rey.
Hotel Posada del Conde
Hotel La Garganta
IF THE DATE YOU ARE WANTING IS NOT AVAILABLE, PLEASE CLICK HERE AND READ HOW TO GET A PERMIT WITHOUT USING THE ONLINE FORM OR STAYING IN A LOCAL HOTEL
THIS COMPANY HAS CLOSED UNTILL FURTHER NOTICE…..
Fantastic to see that Marbella Escapes have added the Caminito del Rey to their extensive list of excursions in Andalucia. Check out the details below to learn more and get in touch with them for details on how to reserve an English speaking guide for your visit to the Caminito del Rey.
THIS COMPANY HAS CLOSED UNTILL FURTHER NOTICE…..
Continue reading Caminito del Rey Guided Tours in English With Marbella Escapes