I hope these instructions help you to reserve a walk on the Caminito del Rey. The comments and questions at the bottom are also very helpful so please feel free to ask or leave some feedback/experiences
Entry permits are 10 Euros per person and payment is made by credit/bank card in full during the booking process.
- Go to www.caminitodelrey.info (This is the English language page.)
- In the the top left column click on “Book your visit” and you’ll be taken to the booking portal (In Spanish) You can select English language at the top right of the booking portal.
- A new page opens and there are six image logos of the Caminito del Rey. The top left Image says “CAMINITO DEL REY” and is larger than the other five logos. Click on “Comprar” (buy/choose). NOTE: The other 5 selections are for last minute bookings for, say, tomorrow, the 5th link is to rebook a date if the Camito del Rey is closed for some reason on your original reservation date. The 6th link is to book a guided visit.
- (If you are rebooking for another date because of closure on your original date of entry click on the link that says “CANJEO POR CIERRE”. Select the new date you want and then add the original reference number from the email you received when you made your initial reservation.)
- In the new page with the calendar select the date that you would like the permit for. (use the buttons to navigate through the calendar. It is a bit long winded if the dates you want are not available as you have to click on “Inicio” to go back and start again.) “Agotado” means no places available…
- Select the hour you want to enter the Camino del Rey
- Select how many people are going in your group (maximum 4 people.) You can select the just ticket or ticket plus bus ticket for your return to your start point.)
- Click on “Comprar” and a new screen appears for you to fill out your details.
- Tick the box to say you accept the rules – “Normas Reguladoras de Uso”
- Click on” Finalizar” and enter your card details and click “Pagar”. You will receive an email with confirmation of your entry…PRINT THIS and take it with you along with your passport AND the credit card that you used to make the purchase on the day of your walk.
Note: Try to get all your info right the first time. Sometimes when the page refreshes and you have got something wrong, the information you previously entered is lost and you have to start again.
Some people are having trouble with the system accepting emails. If this happens try a different email address.
If you can’t get a ticket for the day you want then the only real alternative is to stay in a local hotel. These are the ones nearest to the Caminito del Rey.