Getting to El Chorro by train is a convenient and affordable option, especially for those staying in the bustling city of Malaga. By booking tickets for the Caminito del Rey that coincide with the train timetables to El Chorro, visitors can easily access this breathtaking natural wonder and experience the thrill of walking along one of the most spectacular trails in the world.
Check out times and prices with OMIO
Just add “Malaga” and “El Chorro”. Add the date and tick “Add return journey”. The recommended train ticket is the 08:24 from Malaga Maria Zambrano and costs 7 euros which takes 38 minutes.
Remember: Once in el Chorro you will need to get the shuttle bus to the start point. Bus services for the Caminito del Rey start from El Chorro at 08:30 and run every 30 minutes (on weekends) and hourly on weekdays until 17:30 . The buses run from Tuesday to Sunday as the Caminito del Rey is closed on Mondays. (Check the official website when you buy your entry tickets as timetable are liable to change.)
The journey from Malaga to El Chorro by train is a convenient and efficient option, with several trains running on this route daily. Spanning a distance of 22 miles (36 km). One of the benefits of this route is that direct trains are available, so you won’t need to worry about making any changes along the way. Renfe, Spain’s primary rail operator, provides service on this route. For those in a hurry, the fastest Renfe services can get you from Malaga to El Chorro in just 38 minutes.
Here are some tips and tricks to help you make the most of your journey to El Chorro by train
- Book your train tickets in advance to ensure availability, especially during peak season.
- Check the train timetable in advance to plan your journey and ensure you have enough time to enjoy the Caminito del Rey.
- Consider purchasing a round-trip ticket to save money and avoid the hassle of buying separate tickets.
- Pack comfortable walking shoes and dress in layers, as the weather can be unpredictable.
- Bring a refillable water bottle and snacks, as there are no shops or restaurants along the trail.
- Arrive at the train station early to avoid missing your train, as Spanish trains are known for their punctuality.
- Be aware that there are two train stations serving El Chorro, El Chorro station and El Chorro-Álora station. Make sure you choose the right station!
Other ways to Get to El Chorro (and the Caminito del Rey)
In order to visit the Caminito del Rey you need to get to the area of the small village of El Chorro and Guadalhorce reservoirs located in Málaga province, Andalusia, Spain. Getting to El Chorro, reservoirs and Camino del Rey is pretty easy.
Read more here: https://www.caminodelrey.es/getting-to-el-chorro-the-reservoirs-and-the-camino-del-rey/
The Caminito del Rey
Find tickets for the Caminito del Rey: https://www.caminodelrey.es/
Wildside Holidays – Spain
Take a trip on the Wildside! Discover the wildlife and nature of Spain, its Natural and National Parks and find the top wildlife, activity and walking holiday companies.
Iberia Nature Forum
Struggling with identifying those bugs and beasties? Why not check out the Iberia nature Forum!
Discover the Iberia Nature Forum – Environment, geography, nature, landscape, climate, culture, history, rural tourism and travel.