I hope these instructions help you to reserve a walk on the Caminito del Rey. Booking the Caminito del Rey (how to buy a ticket). The comments and questions at the bottom of this article are also very helpful so please feel free to ask questions or leave some feedback/experiences.
UPDATE December 2021… Now being run by a new company, the Caminito del Rey website has had a bit of a makeover and is a bit easier to navigate.
UPDATE March 2021….The online booking system has changed slightly for the better since the writing of this article and is now a little easier to navigate. REMEMBER that there is only one official website to buy your tickets from online.
Instructions to get your ticket for the Caminito del Rey
- Remember! CLOSED ON MONDAYS...
- When does the path open? Every day from Tuesday to Sunday.
- When does it close? Every Monday, and January 1st, December 24th, 25th and 31st December
Entry permits are 10 Euros per person, 18 for the guided tour and 11,55 for the entry and shuttle bus… Payment is made by credit/bank card in full during the booking process. (Paypal may also be available).
Step by step instructions – Caminito del Rey. Booking the Caminito del Rey (how to buy a ticket).
- Go to www.caminitodelrey.info (This is the English language home page.)
- At the the top right, click on “Book your visit” and you’ll be taken to the booking portal (Sometimes it switches to Spanish) Look for the English language link to change back again.
- (If you are rebooking for another date because of closure on your original date of entry click on the link at the top that says “CANJEO POR CIERRE”. (Or Exchange by Closing) Select the new date you want and then add the original reference number from the email you received when you made your initial reservation.)
- The page with the calendar should load straight away so that you can select the date that you would like the permit for. (use the buttons to navigate through the calendar and select the date you want. If they are not available you will see RED writing and “Agotado” means no places available… GREEN writing means there is availability…
- Select the hour you want to walk the Caminito del Rey and Enter how many people are going in your group.
- You can select the just ticket or ticket plus bus ticket or guided tour.
- Click on “Comprar – Purchase” and the page refreshes with an area at the bottom for you to fill out your details.
- Make sure that you tick the box to say you accept the rules – (He leído y acepto las condiciones generales de compra y Política de Privacidad.)
- Click on” Finalizar” and enter your card details and click “Pagar”. You will receive an email with confirmation of your entry…PRINT THIS and take it with you along with your passport AND the credit card that you used to make the purchase on the day of your walk.
Try to get you info correct first time!
Note: Try to get all your info right the first time. Sometimes when the page refreshes and you have got something wrong, the information you previously entered is lost and you have to start again.
Some people are having trouble with the system accepting certain emails. If this happens try a different email address.
If you can’t get a ticket for the day you want then the one alternative is to stay in a local hotel. These are the ones nearest to the Caminito del Rey.
Get Your Guide
If it is impossible to get a normal entry ticket from the online system or elsewhere then the only option may be a guided visit (An excellent option for larger groups as well!). Have a look at these options at the Get Your Guide website