The Caminito del Rey is a popular walkway in Andalusia, Spain. Booking the Caminito del Rey (how to buy a ticket) one must first register for an account on the website www.caminitodelrey.info.
An alternative to the official website is to book a ticket for the Caminito del Rey at the Viator website here.
- Once the account is created, tickets can be purchased through the site. The entry permit is 10 Euros per person and the site accepts payment by credit/bank card.
- The path is open every day from Tuesday to Sunday, but is closed on Mondays and on specific holidays.
- If the desired date is not available, there is the option to book a guided tour or stay in a local hotel, although the online form may not be available in all cases.
- In order to complete the booking process, it is important to have a valid email and password, and to confirm the account through the email sent.
- When purchasing tickets, the user must choose the date, time and type of entry, which includes options for just the entry ticket, entry plus shuttle bus, or guided tour.
- Payment must be made with the credit card used during the registration process, and a confirmation email will be sent with the reference number to take with you on the day of the walk along with a passport and credit card.
Instructions to get your ticket for the Caminito del Rey
- Remember! CLOSED ON MONDAYS...
- When does the path open? Every day from Tuesday to Sunday.
- When does it close? Every Monday, and January 1st, December 24th, 25th and 31st December
Entry permits are 10 Euros per person, 18 for the guided tour and 11,55 for the entry and shuttle bus… Payment is made by credit/bank card in full during the booking process. You must create an account on the system in order to purchase tickets for the Caminito del Rey
Step by step instructions – Caminito del Rey. Booking the Caminito del Rey (how to buy a ticket).
Remember! You have to register an account first
- Go to www.caminitodelrey.info (This is the English language home page.)
- Register with the site first! At the top left you will see a link for registering or logging in. (REGISTRO / ACCESO ESPACIO PERSONAL) Register with a valid email and password which in Spanish is the word “Clave“. (NOTE: YOUR PASSWORD MUST CONTAIN NUMBERS AND LETTERS!) “Si todavía no estás registrado, puedes hacerlo en el formulario de Registro” This means if you don’t have an account then create one……
- Click Registro. Fill out the registration form and register your account. (Don’t forget to check the two boxes before you click on “Aceptar” and try to get the capcha code right first time!
- Check your email for confirmation (don’t forget to look in your spam folder). The email takes an age to arrive.. In my case with 5 test accounts more than 10 minutes! YOU MUST confirm the account by clicking “Activar” in the email.
Buying your tickets for the Caminito del Rey
- At the the top right, click on “Purchase Tickets” and you’ll be taken to the booking portal (Sometimes it switches back to Spanish) Look for the English language link to change back again.
- (If you are rebooking for another date because of closure on your original date of entry click on the link at the top that says “CANJEO POR CIERRE”. (Or Exchange by Closing) Select the new date you want and then add the original reference number from the email you received when you made your initial reservation.)
- The page with the calendar should load straight away so that you can select the date that you would like the permit for. (use the buttons to navigate through the calendar and select the date you want. If they are not available you will see YELLOW dates and “Agotado” means no places available… GREEN dates means there is availability…
- Click a date and then select the hour you want to walk the Caminito del Rey and Enter how many people are going in your group.
- At this point in order to continue you must login to the site with the account you created earlier.
- You can select the just ticket or ticket plus bus ticket or guided tour. Parking is also available to pay for in advance.
- Make sure that you tick the box to say you accept the rules – (He leído y acepto las condiciones generales de compra y Política de Privacidad.)
- Click on” Finalizar” and enter your card details and click “Pagar”. You will receive an email with confirmation of your entry…PRINT THIS and take it with you along with your passport AND the credit card that you used to make the purchase on the day of your walk.
Try to get you info correct first time!
Note: Try to get all your info right the first time. Sometimes when the page refreshes and you have got something wrong, the information you previously entered is lost and you have to start again.
Some people are having trouble with the system accepting certain emails. If this happens try a different email address.
If you can’t get a ticket for the day you want then the one alternative is to stay in a local hotel. These are the ones nearest to the Caminito del Rey.
Get Your Guide
If it is impossible to get a normal entry ticket from the online system or elsewhere then the only option may be a guided visit (An excellent option for larger groups as well!). Have a look at these options at the Get Your Guide website
Everything you need to know before you visit Ronda “The city of dreams” in Andalucia. https://www.rondatoday.com/
Planning on visiting Cádiz? Tourist information. Monuments. Hotels. Activities. City guides: https://visitingcadiz.com/
The Caminito del Rey
Find tickets for the Caminito del Rey: https://www.caminodelrey.es/
Wildside Holidays – Spain
Take a trip on the Wildside! Discover the wildlife and nature of Spain, its Natural and National Parks and find the top wildlife, activity and walking holiday companies.
Iberia Nature Forum
Discover the Iberia Nature Forum – Environment, geography, nature, landscape, climate, culture, history, rural tourism and travel.