I hope these instructions help you to reserve a walk on the Caminito del Rey. Booking the Caminito del Rey (how to buy a ticket). The comments and questions at the bottom of this article are also very helpful so please feel free to ask questions or leave some feedback/experiences.
Article updated on the 17th September 2022 to reflect changes in the reservation system for the Caminito del Rey
Instructions to get your ticket for the Caminito del Rey
- Remember! CLOSED ON MONDAYS...
- When does the path open? Every day from Tuesday to Sunday.
- When does it close? Every Monday, and January 1st, December 24th, 25th and 31st December
Entry permits are 10 Euros per person, 18 for the guided tour and 11,55 for the entry and shuttle bus… Payment is made by credit/bank card in full during the booking process. You must create an account on the system in order to purchase tickets for the Caminito del Rey
Step by step instructions – Caminito del Rey. Booking the Caminito del Rey (how to buy a ticket).
Remember! You have to register an account first
- Go to www.caminitodelrey.info (This is the English language home page.)
- Register with the site first! At the top left you will see a link for registering or logging in. (REGISTRO / ACCESO ESPACIO PERSONAL) Register with a valid email and password which in Spanish is the word “Clave“. (NOTE: YOUR PASSWORD MUST CONTAIN NUMBERS AND LETTERS!) “Si todavía no estás registrado, puedes hacerlo en el formulario de Registro” This means if you don’t have an account then create one……
- Click Registro. Fill out the registration form and register your account. (Don’t forget to check the two boxes before you click on “Aceptar” and try to get the capcha code right first time!
- Check your email for confirmation (don’t forget to look in your spam folder). The email takes an age to arrive.. In my case with 5 test accounts more than 10 minutes! YOU MUST confirm the account by clicking “Activar” in the email.
Buying your tickets for the Caminito del Rey
- At the the top right, click on “Purchase Tickets” and you’ll be taken to the booking portal (Sometimes it switches back to Spanish) Look for the English language link to change back again.
- (If you are rebooking for another date because of closure on your original date of entry click on the link at the top that says “CANJEO POR CIERRE”. (Or Exchange by Closing) Select the new date you want and then add the original reference number from the email you received when you made your initial reservation.)
- The page with the calendar should load straight away so that you can select the date that you would like the permit for. (use the buttons to navigate through the calendar and select the date you want. If they are not available you will see YELLOW dates and “Agotado” means no places available… GREEN dates means there is availability…
- Click a date and then select the hour you want to walk the Caminito del Rey and Enter how many people are going in your group.
- At this point in order to continue you must login to the site with the account you created earlier.
- You can select the just ticket or ticket plus bus ticket or guided tour. Parking is also available to pay for in advance.
- Make sure that you tick the box to say you accept the rules – (He leído y acepto las condiciones generales de compra y Política de Privacidad.)
- Click on” Finalizar” and enter your card details and click “Pagar”. You will receive an email with confirmation of your entry…PRINT THIS and take it with you along with your passport AND the credit card that you used to make the purchase on the day of your walk.
Try to get you info correct first time!
Note: Try to get all your info right the first time. Sometimes when the page refreshes and you have got something wrong, the information you previously entered is lost and you have to start again.
Some people are having trouble with the system accepting certain emails. If this happens try a different email address.
If you can’t get a ticket for the day you want then the one alternative is to stay in a local hotel. These are the ones nearest to the Caminito del Rey.
Get Your Guide
If it is impossible to get a normal entry ticket from the online system or elsewhere then the only option may be a guided visit (An excellent option for larger groups as well!). Have a look at these options at the Get Your Guide website